Jeff and Christine Stanfield are missionaries serving in Uganda. In their latest prayer letter, they presented some great opportunities to get involved with World Gospel Mission Uganda. Read on to find out how you can make a difference for those who need your help.
“Next week a church in the U.S.A. will be doing a 5-K fun walk/run to fundraise money for the Orphan Scholarship Fund, providing education funds for about 170 orphans attending this school. Just $12 per month ($144 per year), covers the cost of a child’s tuition, textbooks, supplies, uniform, and daily hot lunch.
“We in WGM here in Uganda want to join the church through a run/walk on the 4th of July. We would love to have you join us in raising money for school scholarships!
“Here are a few options for your participation:
- Get some friends together and walk/run during the July 4th holiday weekend or any time of your choosing. Solicit sponsors to raise money to help educate orphaned/vulnerable children who attend Kikongo Primary School on Buvuma Island in Lake Victoria. Be sure to send us photos of your walk/run!
- Give a personal donation to the scholarship program
- Get your church to join you in providing scholarship money for one or more orphans every year
- Maybe you can think of other creative ways to help provide for these needed scholarships. Share your ideas and put one or more of them into action.
“All donations to the Orphan Island Scholarship program may be made to World Gospel Mission, by either sending a check to WGM or going online at www.wgm.org/orphans to donate.
“This summer WGM Uganda is hosting a DNA (Disciple Nations Alliance) Conference for our missionaries and partners in ministry here in Uganda. DNA stands for Disciple Nations Alliance. The mission of Disciple Nations Alliance is ‘helping the Church rise to her full potential as God’s principal agent in restoring, healing and blessing broken nations.’ You can read more about their strategy to accomplish their mission by checking out this link: www.disciplenations.org/about/our-strategy.
“WGM Uganda is making arrangements for the DNA Conference to take place 1-5 August 2016. It will cost approximately $300 per person. Some of our partners (pastors, church leaders, university students and others) would not be able to attend because of the cost. WGM Uganda hopes to cover the conference costs for our African friends attending.
“Why do we think DNA Conference training is important? Because the healing and transformation needed in Africa must begin with regenerated hearts and minds of the people of Africa. True and lasting transformation doesn’t happen through development projects or foreign aid. Rather, it happens through an inside-out process of renewing heart, mind and character; a process rooted in the gospel and a biblical worldview. When college students, pastors, church and community leaders experience such transformation, the results can be revolutionary.
“Helping people experience this transformation is what the DNA Conference Training is all about. It not only creates paradigm shifts, it also provides tools that help participants apply in concrete ways what they have learned, demonstrating Christ’s love and truth in ways that bring healing to the brokenness in their communities and culture.
“We hate to think that some of our partners who would benefit will be unable to attend simply because they cannot afford the lodging, food, or materials. $300 covers the costs of one attendee for five nights of lodging, meals and training materials.
“Here are some ways you can join with us:
- Pray for God’s transformative work to be done in the hearts and lives of all attendees
- Provide a scholarship for one or more African attendees
- Invite others to join with you providing scholarships for this DNA training
- Share the opportunity with a Sunday School class, other church group, study group, family, friends and invite them to participate through prayer and provision of scholarship money”
Your scholarship donation will bring DNA’s wholistic, biblical teaching to Africans. Join the Stanfields and WGM Uganda in changing lives, and make a difference today!